Tuesday 20 August 2019

Spotted Flycatcher, Wanstead Flats

I visited Wanstead Flats on Friday looking to add Spotted Flycatcher and Whinchat to my year list. I managed to locate a single Whinchat soon after arriving on-site, but I didn't have any luck connecting with any Spotted Flycatchers despite local info from Nick C.

I made another trip this morning after Nick had tweeted that he had found another Spotted Flycatcher in an area called the enclosure. After failing to find the bird in the enclosure I did a circuit of the area and shortly after returning I found the Spot Fly perched up in a nearby tree. 


Spotted Flycatcher

It was constantly being disturbed by joggers and walkers and eventually flew East across the playing fields towards the Oak trees of what I believe to be known locally as Esso Copse.

No comments:

Post a Comment